Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not-So-Creative Writing

So I'm taking this class called Creative Writing. Except it isn't very creative. When you think of creative writing, what do you think of? I think of WRITING THAT IS CREATIVE. Be it poetry, prose, or short story, or whatever. Not cliche, not necessarily following the rules. You know, creative. Unfortunately for me, my teacher does not have the same idea. For me, if you get a good result, who cares if you break a few grammatical rules? For him, though, it's all about the fame.

My teacher is one of those people who believes that, if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it, it doesn't actually make a sound. Consequently, he believes that if you create something, and you don't let people criticize it, it isn't actually art. Go figure. This rankles, especially since I don't often show people my work.

I wanted to tell him that a lack of audience doesn't make something any less a work of art, obviously. Moron.

He went on to tell us it was impossible for us to get an A in his class, because none of us would be that good writers. Supportive, eh?



Here's a picture of me before class:



I curled my hair nicely and did my make up the way I normally do. I even put in earrings. I was determined to go to this class with a good attitude.

Here's a picture of me after class:


I'm determined to prove him wrong. I'm going to write something so good he'll be forced to give me an A. And not just any A, oh no. An A+! That's my goal for this year.

1 comment:

Long John the X warrior said...

Just put your mind to it and i'm sure you'll do great